Rev. Peter Stradley constructed the building around 1845 and it became the first designated Post Office in Flat Rock, NC.  Currently owned and renovated  by Historic Flat Rock, Inc., the building provides office space upstairs for the organization and hosts a museum and cultural center on the first floor.  Protected in perpetuity, HFR donated a preservation agreement with Preservation North Carolina to make sure its history survives.